Saturday, May 25, 2024

"This year I'll learn Learning Blender" he said for the 5th year in a row. + BforArtists

- What a fool

 

Context: I have 10+ years of 3DS Max experience, I initially started learning it by myself, then went to 3D school, and spent most of my game dev career as a Environment/Tech artist working in AAA games using 3ds max.

 


I've been wanting to switch to blender for many years for a few reasons:

- It's free

- I hate how slow and clunky 3ds Max is. I just can't anymore with that whole UI refresh every time you change context 💀

-I really REALLY want to try Grease Pencil and Geo Nodes 

Every time I tried, I end up giving up pretty fast because the UI and UX of Blender is atrocious...Well that's not fair to say, it's more..."unique". I know some people love it and it's fine, but it just doesn't squeak with me 🐭


- About "BForArtists"

I recently discovered this "BforArtist" tool, which in my humble opinion not very well named but, if you take some time to learn about it, its actually an incredible software and effort

 

It's basically a fork of Blender, with better UI and UX. Take 5 minutes and read that page, it will make sense : https://www.bforartists.de/the-differences-to-blender/ 

 I was initially reluctant to switch to this after starting to get serious about blender for a week, mainly because I don't want to start learning something too niche, that might get abandoned in a few years.

However, looking into it, it's unlikely: The dev team of BFA is very small and incredible dedicated. The main dev has a strong UX/UI vision ( check this presentation) , the community is active and it's following very closely all blender updates.

https://www.bforartists.de/  

 

I almost want to make a beginner tutorial for it once I'm more used to it. The software is great but it lack "marketing" 😁  Anyway I'll post more about this later! 

- Youtube video process

If you want to see the process how I modeled some of those mario enemies aboves, I have non sped up video on youtube! You'll even see me struggling and google search my way...yay!

YOUTUBE PLAYLIST


more reading: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinned

"This year I'll learn Learning Blender" he said for the 5th year in a row. + BforArtists

- What a fool   Context: I have 10+ years of 3DS Max experience, I initially started learning it by myself, then went to 3D school, and spen...