Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Houdini Tutorial : Vertex Heatmap




alexandre-stroukoff-vertexcount.jpg (1494×1131)


Hello ! I forgot to post this tutorial here so there it is :


because I'm lazy here is the copy/pasted description


This course is a Houdini Only course. In this course you will learn how to create a Vertex Density Heatmap, which is a simple tool to visualize the Vertex Count of a mesh, and can be used to help optimize a mesh, or for motion design purposes.

This course is a great way to get started with Houdini, and get started as a Technical Artist. Everything done here will achievable with Houdini Apprentice which is totally free.

We will cover a lot of aspect of Houdini, and I'll try my best to explain everything used to achieve the tool.

Covered topics : 

  • What's is a context ? ( SOP, VOP, Scene...)
  • What's an attribute ?
  • Basic VOP
  • Example of more advanced VEX
  • Attribute promotion

Thanks !

What are the requirements?

  • Houdini 16.5+ (FREE apprentice version) - Houdini 17 Works too
  • What am I going to get from this course?
  • Learn who to use Houdini to create a Vertex Density Heatmap
  • Understand the basis of Houdini and more (Attributes, Nodes, ...)
  • What is the target audience?
  • You'd like to learn Houdini while doing something useful
  • You're a tech artist who want to add Houdini to you arsenal
  • You want to become a Technical Artist, and want to start with Houdini


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinned

"This year I'll learn Learning Blender" he said for the 5th year in a row. + BforArtists

- What a fool   Context: I have 10+ years of 3DS Max experience, I initially started learning it by myself, then went to 3D school, and spen...