Saturday, June 4, 2016

Houdini cartoon pryoclastic noise

Playing around with some stuff I learned last weeks...

I was reading articles on pyroclastic noise, and the math seemed really complicated. In the end it is (as far as I understand) just applying layers of 3d noise onto a geometry, and offseting the noise or the geometry). I decided to try to a really basic version with some houdini sop (sop = geometry nodes = surface operators).

Basically just applying some noise ( moutain sop) on a geometry, starting with a low frequency, and adding higher and higher freq noise.

Then with simple vex I add an attribute wich is the distance of each point from center, then apply a color ramp to that.


The great thing is, the input is converted to VDB (volume) so I can input anything ! Its really simple stuff but I think the result is really neat




steps :






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinned

"This year I'll learn Learning Blender" he said for the 5th year in a row. + BforArtists

- What a fool   Context: I have 10+ years of 3DS Max experience, I initially started learning it by myself, then went to 3D school, and spen...