Friday, July 21, 2023

Lofi 3d pixel art explorations

 Various gif of different unrelated project, for some reason I'm really digging this style recently!

It feels pixel art, but I would not call it pixel art: My process is usually the same


  • lower down resolution of the game in unity (create a new RT, apply to camera, reduce its resolution and set to point, and then display it on a canvas as a fullscreen raw image, or on an unlit texture material + a different camera. You can also use a post process shader like this one "Pixelate", which is what I used for that first gif, it gives a smoother feeling) 
  • Make the art, but always looks at the final render (game view) while working , because the scaling is not consistent, its a lot of tweaking to get it looking right!
  • I keep changing the resolution while I work, trying higher/lower rez, still trying to find the one I like
  • I really enjoy square 1:1 formats






All of this was made in Unity, because I just like working in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinned

"This year I'll learn Learning Blender" he said for the 5th year in a row. + BforArtists

- What a fool   Context: I have 10+ years of 3DS Max experience, I initially started learning it by myself, then went to 3D school, and spen...