Monday, January 23, 2017

Cracks mesh generation


A simple houdini exercise, to generate cracks/veins-like shapes. It generates stripes with correct uvs with a random V scale, to create speed variation when scrolling a texture or something.

The graph is pretty simple, it's mainly based around the findShortestPath SOP I use a lot since I saw this video (https://vimeo.com/197596529) from Entagma.  The "Tricky" part is just iterating over each branch, and creating a witdh to the geometry, and the uvs.

The uvs are generated from the origin line ($PT/$NPT), apply a random scale in V in the for each loop, and drive the scale of the line with the same expresion ($PT/$NPT) !



I export the mesh in unity, and with a simple shader that use the V of the UVs, it create this "growing" feeling, with a nice speed variation


you can download the very simple file here :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7wYAYkQ8P6BN19UZUFtaW5JREE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinned

"This year I'll learn Learning Blender" he said for the 5th year in a row. + BforArtists

- What a fool   Context: I have 10+ years of 3DS Max experience, I initially started learning it by myself, then went to 3D school, and spen...