Friday, April 27, 2018

Latest Houdini+ unity project

Here is one of the project I'm working on, (on and off at various time...)

The goal is to make a small interactive experience, with a gameplay centered around finding hidden locations in a map by using a flow to find it.

This "flow" will actually be a flowmap generated with houdini, and I'm trying to develop a system stable enough to be able to create a gameplay around this.

Being an amateur programmer, everything is CPU right now, but I guess at some point I will have to learn about multi threading to optimize it (maybe compute shader or crazy stuff like this ?)....Anyway, it works for now, and the performances are quite good.

This is a continuation of the two first gif of this post

here are a bunch of gifs from this experimenting stage (I'm also posting the failed one :p)



first test, having trouble to getting my system to sample the flowmap in 3d

starting to work ! using multiple raycast in random directions per frame to find the nearest surface, and sampling that flowmap


Geometry used to generated the flowmap, using VEX space colonizaton for now, but that will change for sure

Latest progress, everything is starting to work nicely
Next step is to test the system on a big complex scene, and also making the system more stable, I already have a lot of idea for this, but i will only optimized and refactor when needed !! Finding the art direction of the project is also in progress


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty and nice idea! Excited to see where it goes :)

    ReplyDelete

Pinned

"This year I'll learn Learning Blender" he said for the 5th year in a row. + BforArtists

- What a fool   Context: I have 10+ years of 3DS Max experience, I initially started learning it by myself, then went to 3D school, and spen...