Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Prototype - Slingchess

A prototype done a while ago, semi abandoned for now, but I still entertain the idea of doing it one day!

The idea is simple: Slingshot + Chess = Slingchess! The idea came from brainstorming about a Physics-based chess game

Each turn you can move a piece of your choice, I came up with this idea that each piece have differents movement "patterns" inspired by the actual rules of chess

Weight, speed, friction and such varies between pieces, the goal is to evoke the feeling or the idea of a chess piece.  Ex: Pawn has a small radius, but can go fast, but will stop fast too (high friction)...because..I dont know it feels like a pawn 😁


In the video you can also see that each piece has health points and even an attack value, very different from chess! The goal is that you can play more with the physics.

Finding the balance between the strategy of chess, and the fun/chaos of physics is very fun!

 

here is a another video: 

 



a few more details on Twitter : https://twitter.com/AlexStrook/status/1744761230194045014

 

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinned

"This year I'll learn Learning Blender" he said for the 5th year in a row. + BforArtists

- What a fool   Context: I have 10+ years of 3DS Max experience, I initially started learning it by myself, then went to 3D school, and spen...